It’s the summer’s best tipple, so try a twist on a trusted classic with these delightful recipes.
Summer may not be going as planned, but it just means the smaller moments are that much sweeter. These takes on the traditional sangria will add a holiday feel to your weekends. What will you make first?
2 juice oranges
1 bottle of cava
Cointreau (to taste)
Brandy (to taste)
- In a large jug with ice, mix together the cava, orange juice, sugar. Then stir in the chopped peaches, kiwi, lemon, orange and strawberries. Add Cointreau and brandy to taste.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve in flutes glasses.
Sangria of Sidra
½ bottle of cider
1 glass of orange juice
1 glass of apple juice
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 peach or nectarines
- In a large jug with ice, mix together the cider, orange juice, apple juice and sugar. Then stir in the chopped apple, peach, lemon and orange.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve with ice. Cut with fizzy water for a more aperitif feel.
Cucumber mint sangria
1 chilled bottle of your favourite white wine
500ml sparkling water with lime
6+ fresh mint leaves
- Pour wine and lime sparkling water in to a pitcher with ice. Then, add the sliced cucumber, mint and stir.
- Chill in fridge for at least 1-2 hours to allow the cucumber and mint to infuse.
2 bottles dry white zinfandel
4 tbsp Cointreau
250ml peach schnapps
4 tbsp golden caster sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
2 sliced limes
2 sliced oranges
500ml soda water
Ice, to serve
- Put the wine, Cointreau, peach schnapps, sugar, cinnamon sticks, sliced limes and oranges into a large bowl, then stir. After, place in the refrigerator to chill.
- To serve, add the soda water and some ice and pour into glasses.